10 Books that will help you Be Extraordinary
By Anthony Landale
1. It’s not what happens to you. It’s what you do about it by W Mitchell
This is about a man who has faced some seemingly insurmountable challenges – a book that addresses the human spirit and it’s yearning to overcome. A message about how to take responsibility for your life whatever comes your way.
2. Touching the void by Joe Simpson
If you don’t know the story of this climber and his life changing account of his climb in the Peruvian Andes then you are in for a treat. Vivid, heart stopping, terrifying and at the same time very human.
3. Three cups of tea by Greg Mortensen
How is one man making a massive difference to the life of women in another part of the world? A book that helps you to think about what’s really possible
4. The life we are given by George Leonard and Michael Murphy
This is a book about how with practice you can transform your body, mind, heart and spirit. Real stories about the pioneering programme Integral Transformative Practice
5. Thefinal lecture by Randy Pausch
We may not be able to change the cards we are dealt but how do we play our hand? This book is all about what matters most
6. The way of the peaceful warrior by Dan Millman
An athlete goes on a spiritual journey. If you enjoy books about how you sometimes need to go way beyond what feels comfortable then Dan Millman is for you.
7. Illusions by Richard Bach
A man meets a modern day messiah. A fable beautifully written and imagined. Transformational.
8. Kitchen Table Wisdom by Rachel Naomi Remen
Sshort stories of life and death and about what makes life worth living. Another book to inspire you
9. The Heart Aroused by David Whyte
This book by one of my favourite modern day thinkers asks the question how you bring poetry andsoul into the workplace
10. Radical acceptance by Tara Brach
Don’t give in to your judgements and limiting beliefs. Learn how to notice and live with them